Friday, October 24, 2008

Last...but not least: MOVING!!!!

Craziness!!! That's all I have to say about moving!


HA...yeah right!!! When have you ever known me to be so short and sweet!!! LOL!!!

Well, less than two weeks after ACL I packed up all my stuff and moved it up to my parents...and a week later, I moved it all again...to our new apartment in North Richland Hills. "Our" being...Davy's and mine. Sara moved in with our grandparents in G-town. We got a nice place. It is bigger than the apartment Sara and I had before and we are paying quite a bit less, which is nice...especially since I do not have a job yet...ugh!!! To anyone who thinks not working sounds nice...you are WRONG!!! It is boring and annoying and irritating and depressing...need I go on??? Well, I have applied for several jobs...got one offer...lost it because I was doofy and managed to loose my driver's license (long story, don't wanna go there...I figure I just wasn't meant to have that job and I am leaving it at that). Now I am waiting to hear from Kohl's where I will probably get something at least part time...and just today I talked to a very nice woman from an elementary school in BISD and I applied for an Aide/Assistant position and I have an interview Monday morning...YAY!!! I am very happy about this...as I have been about every interview, but I really do want to get in with a school district, because...


For those of you who don't know, I am applying for the Alternate Certification Program that region 11 offers for those who have their bachelor's degree but no teacher's certificate. Yes, I know now I would have been smarter to get my certficiate when I was still in college...hindsight's 20/20, blahblahblah...

Two and a half years ago I knew this...and I still wouldn't have done it. I hadn't the patience or the proper perspective to teach for the right reasons right after I got my degree. I did NOT want to be one of those teachers who only got into teaching because it was the easiest thing to do...or for any reason except that it is what I WANT to do. I have thought about it long and hard and taken the time to see that of all the things I have done, or could do...teaching is what I love the most and what I really WANT to do.

I love science...and it is what I want to give to the world. I want to help the kids that hate it and encourage those that might or do love it. At the very least, I want to try to be that science teacher that inspired me...there were several.

Anyhow...we have been in the apartment for two weeks now and it is "mostly" put together...

"Unpacking"...He wasn't really packed in there, but he sure did have fun playing in it after I emptied it ;) (ps...thi is a rather contored Tilly)


We have two cats right now...and my baby, Jade will come and live with us as soon as we find a new home for Pan, the kitten Davy rescued last year. Right now, Jade is living with my parents (and Gidget and Lucy) and I really appreciate their help in keeping her so long!!! I miss her though...I hope I can bring her here soon!!! Tilly is the other kitty that will be staying here and he is cute and sweet, but occasionally fiesty.

As soon as I make the bed, Tilly likes to get under the covers...


This is the old bed, but he does the same thing on the new one...when we first got in and brought him to the apartment the silly thing would actually worm himself BETWEEN the mattress and box...strange, but I guess he was just overwhelmed by the new and unfamiliar place...at least he hasn't tried that in a while now.



Pan...he just had his claws removed last week and got fixed, now we just need to find him a good home!!! He is on the couch we found on Craigslist...


We just got a new bed two days ago!! It is awesome...and huge. None of my blankets really fit, but we are making do until I can find something affordable...or Christmas...or something else...whichever comes first :D




I guess that is all for now...I am all caught up. I will be sure to post again soon though...hopefully with some good news about a job!! I hope this satisfies everyone since I have not posted in so long...

No comments: